Monday, October 31, 2011

"Soul Shadows"


March 23, 2011.

San Francisco, Friday, August 21, 1998.  Age 30.  Until my brother and I set foot on the grand and gorgeous city of San Francisco, the very City By the Bay that spawned the living legends of Alcatraz, Fisherman's Wharf, City Lights Books in the bohemian North Beach neighborhood, and TV's McMillan and Wife and The Streets of San Francisco, my well of ideas was dry.  Bone dry! Wanting to feed my wanderlust...and write again, I set out with my brother to go west, to spend a weekend in San Francisco, only for me to eventually and accidentally come in contact with the avant-garde art, live jazz, Art Deco and/or classical architecture, the quirky and laid-back locals, and Northern California fusion cuisine that would provide poignant physical/mental imagery and forever alter the look and purpose of my work, namely my Travels. 

No comments:

Post a Comment