Sunday, October 23, 2011

"Atypical Friday"


November 23, 2010.

Friday, February 26.  Early that Friday morning, I, a Young and Restless writer, got out of bed, feeling not the least bit tired from staying up all night and writing away in my Moleskines at the secretary.  Surprisingly enough, I felt rather refreshed...and really hungry! Ravenous is more like it.  Wanting to savor more of Paris, I went to the bathroom, starting to get myself ready for another day...single and solo...in the city.  Getting out of my 40-hour, work-a-day, Western mindset for just that weekend, I started taking a bath...not a shower...because I was, after all, on vacation! 

Once I got ready and gathered my essentials in my travel vest, I left my room and took the Red Elevator down to the basement for my first petit dejeuner, but not without bidding the front desk manager a fond Bonjour, monsieur!

For the rest of the day--under the rain and in the cold air, mind you--I met some seemingly down-to-earth people from Paris, London, and Los Angeles on a Gray Line hop-on hop-off Green bus, journaled over a Caffe Americano in a salon on the second floor at Starbucks St. Michel-Cluny (a popular hangout among college students), took a Gray Line Blue bus (accidentally) later that afternoon and discovered both the Picasso museum and Georges Pompidou Center along the way, prayed in the comforting partial darkness inside the Cathedral of Notre Dame, waited in a long line at Le Champo for a movie (but never it shortly), and enjoyed both a fetching young female server's hospitality and a light dessert (a dark chocolate torte with a cup of regular black coffee) at a small cafe across the street from my hotel. 

So how was your Friday?

No comments:

Post a Comment