Monday, October 31, 2011

"Angie Standing Tall"



October 31, 2011.

This afternoon, I walked to the Merchandise Mart with my new co-worker Zak, only to learn along the way that he has learned to draw during his brief sojourn in Holland.  What prompted Zak to start up a conversation in our mutual interest in drawing was my habit of drawing or producing sketches five times a day.  That's right.  Five.  I draw before I report to work, on both of my fifteen-minute breaks, on my lunch break, and on the train home from work.  And I really don't mind investing that much time into my work because I love it and it's worth every single minute of it. 

And this latest sketch, my friend, is proof positive.  Here, the student, a tall, beautiful, and plus-sized young woman (and a woman of color), poses proudly with her new black belt around her waist....

No comments:

Post a Comment