Sunday, October 23, 2011

"Moondance"


October 14, 2010. 

On my first day solo...ever...in Paris, on the forty-third anniversary of my parents' wedding, I helped myself to a huge slice of the City of Light, admitting that it was more than I could chew.  Much more! In the bitter cold and sparse rain under the overcast skies (and it was, after all, winter, my friend), I enjoyed my first ride on the RER-B along the Blue line to the St. Michel-Notre Dame stop in the Latin Quarter, did a little journaling and people-watching over a cup of regular black coffee (with a small, complimentary dark chocolate truffle) at a Brioche Doree on the corner of St. Germain amd St. Michel, visited and took pictures of and around the legendary Cathedral of Notre Dame before I checked in at my hotel, took a few pictures of some amazing art (including the Mona Lisa, Venus de Milo, Winged Victory of Samothrace, and a few Degas delights) at the Louvre and Orsay, journaled and watched more people passing by over dinner at Le Petite Perigourdine, a nice restaurant within a block from my hotel, and had a mocha at Starbucks St. Michel-Cluny for dessert.  Under the full, golden moon! Wrote quite a bit in my room...in unsettling silence...until one in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment