Saturday, October 29, 2011

"Robin Scorpion Strikes Again"


October 29, 2011. 

Blessed with beauty, brains, and athletic prowess, Robin Scorpion, our heroine, returns to the ring, ready to put the bad guys in their place...at the hospital, that is!

This afternoon, I arrived at Mr. Holmes' barber shop and took a seat, ready to finish this drawing in my sketch pad until it was time for me to come up and get my cut.  Honestly, I was glad the older man came before I did.  Otherwise, I would not have taken the time with this drawing.  And the soulful, socially conscious music of the late Julius "Cannonball" Adderley on the CD player/radio made my work much easier to do...and a lot more rewarding!

In the course of my spirited conversation with Mr. Holmes, my every-other-Saturday afternoon barber, he informed me of a new neighborhood art studio that was going to open in a month because he saw me drawing and coloring away with wild abandon.   Gorgeous Galleries Art, Inc., I do believe, is its name.  And I thanked Mr. Holmes with a tip for the tip! I'm definitely going to check it out as soon as it opens.  Incidentally, it's right next door!

No comments:

Post a Comment