Tuesday, November 22, 2011

"Ventura and Vineland"

Accompanying this drawing is an entry from my Los Angeles 2007 notebook.
Los Angeles, CA
Starbucks Coffee
Studio City Plaza, Ventura and Vineland
Sunday, November 4, 2007.

So what exactly did I do instead for the rest of the afternoon? Well, I did nothing more than to go to the Studio City Plaza on the corner of Vineland and Ventura for a quick lunch at a Togo's Sandwiches and a leisurely large, hot chai latte at an adjoining Starbucks (yes, Starbucks!), where I also treated myself to some quality time writing in my new travel journal and the sight of two lovely, svelte twenty-something (Black/Hispanic) women in their summer dresses and high heels.  At any Starbucks, you will always find singles (engrossed in deep thought over either their work on their laptops or the latest headlines in the Los Angeles or New York Times) or twosomes/threesomes engaging in light, lively conversation over their lattes, cappuccinos, and Americanos, iced and hot.  That environment brimming and brewing hot with music, mirth, and heart is what makes Starbucks Coffee a relaxing and welcoming place to visit.
For me, anyway!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment