Friday, November 18, 2011

"Kindness of Strangers"


April 19, 2011.

On Tuesday, September 20, 2011, a kindly and devout man took some time off from his work to share a healthy dose of God with me, relating his Testimony of a great spiritual rebirth and deepened respect and appreciation for life that followed the loss of a lucrative job and the tragic loss of his beloved wife in a house fire.  My acquaintance's Testimony of that ordeal in his life helped me put my own priorities into proper perspective, making me feel more appreciative for the blessings (including the assistance and spiritual aid I received from others) I received in my life, great or small.  Just as I did with my family when we were stranded in the middle of (really) nowhere, the man, too, received quite a bit of compassion and strength to guide him back on his way.  So really, this sketch isn't about my family get-together under the most awkward of circumstances, but rather about the concept of "paying it forward", of giving back.

No comments:

Post a Comment