Friday, November 18, 2011

"Courtney"



November 18, 2011.

Well, my friend, it's another Friday evening for you and me and I thought it would be for me to welcome another weekend with this original sketch of an attractive young lady tying and proudly displaying her belt.  It may not sound exciting to you, but the process I went through in producing this drawing was, especially when I used a pen instead of a mechanical pencil. 

When I was a kid, my reading teacher would always tell me not to use a pen in class because I would not be able to correct any mistakes in my assignments.  Well, that was after I received my graded homework assignment, on which my instructor wrote in big, red glaring letters "NO PEN", which were underlined for emphasis!

Thirty years later, I still find myself working with a pen or two, reveling in the challenge of producing some more art with every stroke and every faint trace of ink as possible.  Having found a smile in my sketch, I saw that my hard work and hours of practice are really paying off.

No comments:

Post a Comment