Tuesday, November 15, 2011

"Street Player"


November 15, 2011.

Because one of my co-workers was interested in meeting a "busker", which is a colloquial term for a street performer, anywhere in the city, I obliged to make a list of a few places I thought he would be interested in visiting.  And besides, I'm a huge fan of buskers myself.  Whether I'm on the CTA Red Line subway waiting for the next train to 95th or walking to Macy's, I always see a street musician drumming on the pails at breakneck speed or playing a familiar tune on the saxophone or belting a beautiful classical concerto on the trumpet for a dollar or two...or simply a sympathetic and curious ear to give them the attention and admiration he or she deserves.  Simply put, those street musicians add to the pulse and pace of the city, making our lives a little richer and our days go a little faster.  Moreover, they're the rhythm and blues that keep our city alive... 

No comments:

Post a Comment