Saturday, December 3, 2011

"Full Split"


December 3, 2011.

On my way downtown, I was on the train, making this portrait of a lovely young lady in a full split until I heard the stirring, soulful sounds of Christmas coming from the mouths of high school students, which never failed to sail from the upper deck and into my ears, eventually bringing a smile to my face.  All this week, I heard nothing but traditional carols and contemporary favorites on the radio and the intercom, whether it was at work, at the store, or even on the buses and trains.  Christmas is definitely in the air, even as I write this letter.  Over a glass of red wine, of course!

In any event, I was at my table...with no one around me...at a Flat Top Grill downtown, penning this portrait over extra-spicy scrambled eggs (with spinach, mushrooms, tomatoes, a little garlic, a little red hot chili pepper sauce, a little cilantro, and a few jalapenos for a little kick), a couple slices of French toast (topped with chocolate chips, shredded coconut, strawberries, and blueberries), and a cup of black, regular coffee.  Just as I did a few Saturdays before.   

No comments:

Post a Comment